Friday, May 25, 2012

Beagle Diet Accountability

     When you want to succeed at a goal, the best thing to do is increase your accountability. That's partly why this blog will help me lose the weight I'm trying to lose -- by telling EVERYONE about my plans to lose weight and documenting my efforts, I'm more likely to succeed because I'm more likely to stick to my plans with everyone watching me. So.... here goes!

    This is a long weekend for my Dad. He has today (Friday) and Monday off for Memorial Day. When Dad is home, Mom and Dad tend to wake up later than usual. On typical work days they get up between 4:30 and 5am... although, Mom is a lot like me and we are slow to get started in the morning.

     With the extra weight, and age I imagine, I feel achy and sore in the morning. It's like my body doesn't want to get up and get moving. But Mom got up and took me for my walk.

This morning on our walk....

Nose to the ground! 

Relaxing for a minute...

It's a little humid.... humidity, heat, and being overweight really don't mix well....

What was that noise?
Oh... it was just Zoya...

Zoya... she came along for my walk too....
Zoya doesn't smell everything like I do... she's clumsy and walks into stuff and trips Mom a little...
it's funny but not really..

     Anyway, so far so good!  I ate 3/4 cup of my mixed food this morning. Mom has been measuring it to keep track and after I eat she compares what's left to what was in the dish before I ate. She said that many people say "Only feed dogs twice a day" but I don't like to eat like that. Plus, me and Zoya share. So Mom said, "Okay, Jake, if you want to eat on your own, it's okay. I will have to measure it, I guess!" And she made charts to keep track. I'll see if I can share the charts later!

No comments:

Post a Comment