Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Morning Walk in Germany

Mom and I got up this morning earlier than the sun! It was too dark to go out though so we waited. You see, not all the streets are well-lit and the main street near our house is real busy sometimes so we wanted to make sure we were safe.

Mom got my backpack ready and helped me put it on. It slips if the weight isn't balanced so I carried Mom's wallet on one side and half a bottle of water on the other side, along with Mom's keys, waste bags (haha for pooh!), and hand sanitizer.

I got my leash on and we went out for a quick bathroom trip first, then started our walk.


Mom checked for things nearby that were within walking distance and we decided to try a bakery. It said it was only about 10-15 minutes away. The funny thing is, the directions from the map on Mom's phone were not very good. Next time we will use a different App. So the walk took longer than expected but it was still nice. We had trouble finding the bakery because it was in between buildings but I could smell it so I helped Mom find the way :-)

I had to wait outside at the bakery but I was good. Then I carried half of the baked goods home so I could give one to Dad. It made me feel really important!!


The walk home was quicker because we didn't get lost or listen to the directions again lol

Mom let me have a piece of a croissant as a treat. I couldn't have the whole thing, but a piece was good enough for me.

This was my first time using my new backpack. I had one before but it wasn't as nice and it wasn't designed to fit nice so I struggled with it and Mom ended up carrying it the one time we tried to use it. This Outward Hound Backpack is much nicer, and it has mesh pockets inside the big side pockets so even if a zipper broke, nothing important falls out.





Mom used an App on her phone to find the way to the bakery but the map wasn't very good so I started sniffing around and I found the way!

I don't shy away from stairs! Sometimes they're too much for me but I still try my best! 


Found it! 
I had to wait outside but that's okay. I got to carry some breakfast :-) 


Sometimes walking on the grass is nicer when my paws get tired... 
Mom shared the "bounty" with Dad and they gave me a little of the croissant to try since I carried it... 

Almost home!
A few collages from the walk...





No comments:

Post a Comment